A number of nVidia 3000-series GPUs includes a limitation to reduce the Ethereum hashrate. This limitation is referred to as LHR.
Recent GPU mining software can detect and unlock the full hashrate of these LHR GPUs and give a significantly higher Ethereum hashrate.
In order for the unlock to work, the following is required:
- nVidia driver version 512.15 or later must be installed
- Mining software with the unlock feature. Examples:
- Gminer 2.92 or later
- NbMiner 31.3 or later
- T-Rex 0.26.1 or later
- To get the latest mining software versions in Awesome Miner, click on the blue Menu button and then Update mining software definitions.
- The mining software must run with Administrator privileges.
- To enable in Awesome Miner, right click on the Managed Miner and select Properties. Go to the Environment tab and check the box for Run mining process with Administrator privileges.