A number of mining software, for example but not limited to T-Rex miner, Gminer and Lolminer, provides a dual mining concept to mine both Ethereum and a second coin at the same time.
The example below is for dual mining with T-Rex using Ethereum and Ravencoin. The same concept applies for other mining software and other coins as well. To setup dual mining in Awesome Miner:
- Make sure you have at least one Ethereum pool and one pool for another supported coin, for example Ravencoin (RVN), defined in Awesome Miner.
- Open the Properties for a Managed Miner and set the Dual mode to "Kawpow" in case of RVN mining.
- Set the Pool property to an Ethereum pool
- Set the Secondary pool property to a Ravencoin pool
- Save the changes and start the miner.
Dual mining for Managed Profit Miner
The profit switcher will automatically enable dual mining if more profitable according to the hashrate and power usage defined for an algorithm in the Profit Profile of a miner. Right click on a miner and select Edit Profit Profile to review the settings.
The "Dual mining hashrate" and "Dual mining power" fields are used to indicate the algorithm performance during dual mining condition. If filled in for Ethereum and for example Kawpow (RVN), the profit switcher will consider the combination of Ethereum+RVN.
To see the profit switching decisions, please select a miner and click on the "Profit switching" tab.