Remote Agent for Linux is based on the same concept as the Remote Agent application for Windows. It should be installed on each mining computer and is controlled by the Awesome Miner main application.
Remote Agent for Linux is an application that requires an existing Linux operating system with relevant GPU drivers to be used. It's currently not a complete Linux based mining operating system. Remote Agent for Linux can however be installed on many of the existing Linux based mining operating systems or any other Ubuntu-based Linux distribution.
Supported mining software for automatic download:
- Claymore's CryptoNight GPU Miner
- Claymore's Dual Ethereum Miner
- Claymore's Zcash Miner
- DSTM Zcash Cuda Miner
- GMiner Cuda Equihash Miner
- JCE CPU Miner
- T-Rex nVidia GPU Miner
- WildRig Multi Miner
- XMRig CPU Miner
- Z-enemy nVidia Miner
Note that all mining software supported by Remote Agent on Windows are not supported for automatic download on Linux.
- Linux 64-bit distribution like Ubuntu with GPU drivers installed
- Required packages: bash, screen
Installation and getting started
All commands related to running the Remote Agent service requires root permissions to run, for example by putting sudo in front of the command.
1) Download and extract Awesome Miner Remote Agent for Linux
wget http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setup/awesomeminer-remoteagent.tar.xz tar xvJf awesomeminer-remoteagent.tar.xz cd awesomeminer-remoteagent
2) Remote Agent for Linux can either run as a system service, where it will be started automatically on boot, or be started manually from the command line.
a) To install and run as system service, the path to the Remote Agent main executable must be specified in the file awesome.service using the propery ExecStart.
The default path is assumed to be:
If Remote Agent is extracted to another path, modify the ExecStart property in the file awesome.service before proceeding.
To install Remote Agent as a Service, run the following command:
b) To start Remote Agent from the command line (when not using the system service concept):
3) Use Awesome Miner on Windows to connect to this Remote Agent instance. The Managed Host must configured for Linux support. Via the Options dialog, Managed Host section, a new host can be added where the option Remote Agent for Linux must be checked. Once the host is added, a Managed Miner or Managed Profit Miner can be created and be configured to use this host.
Install Remote Agent for Linux, including automatic start on boot:
Uninstall Remote Agent:
Start Remote Agent:
Stop Remote Agent, including all mining started by Remote Agent:
View Remote Agent log output:
Change password of Remote Agent (also required to be entered for the Managed Host in Awesome Miner):
Log files are stored in ~/.local/share/AwesomeMinerService/