The list of miners in Awesome Miner can be organized using the group concept to make it easier to find miners. By default a single group My Miners is defined, but any number of groups can be added.
The illustration belows shows two groups with two miners in each group.
To add, edit or remove a group, right click on one of the groups and select one of the commands in the Groups menu. The predefined group My Miners cannot be removed, but it can be renamed.
By default all new miners are added to the predefined group My Miners. This can be changed by right clicking on another group and selecting Groups -> Make default group.
There are two ways of moving miners from one group to another:
- Use drag & drop to move all selected miners to another group
- Right click and select Move to group to move all selected miners to the specified group
Where groups can be used
- When defining rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for miners, the rules can be configured to only be applicable to the miners in a specific group
- When performing operations on many miners, for example reboot or pool change, the group can be selected and the operation will be performed on all miners in the selected group. Multiple groups can be selected at the same time by holding down the Control key.
- When multiple user accounts are defined and each user is given access to a limited set of miners, this can be specified as a list of miners and miner groups