This guide is for dual mining with a Managed Miner without using the profit switcher. When using the profit switcher, Awesome Miner will automatically run dual mining if it's more profitable than only Ethereum mining.
Claymore's Ethereum Dual mining software support mining one secondary coin in addition to Ethereum. This guide will focus on Decred as the secondary coin, but the concept for the other secondary coins are the same.
Awesome Miner must be configured with a Pool Group for Managed Miners to support the dual mining.
Follow the steps below to modify a Managed Miner to mine not only Ethereum, but also Decred at the same time.
- Step 1: Open the Options dialog in Awesome Miner and navigate to the Managed Miner section. Select the Managed Miner to modify and click the Edit button.
- Step 2: The Dual mode setting is by default set to Disabled, and must be changed to select a secondary coin to mine.
- Step 3: In the "Mining Pool section", click the "New" button, and select "New Pool" to add a Decred pool.
- Step 4: Enter the requred information for the Decred pool, and select Decred as algorithm. Click OK to save the new pool.
- Step 5: In the "Mining Pool section", click the "New" button again, but select "New Pool Group" this time.
- Step 6: Give the pool a name, for example "Dual Eth+Dec". Check the checkboxes for both the Ethereum pool and the Decred pool. Click OK to save.
- Step 7: The Managed Miner will now use the "Dual Eth+Dec" pool group. Click OK in all open dialogs to apply the changes.