Cloud Services can be used to manage and monitor the mining from any device with a web browser, for example a mobile phone.
This guide give instructions how to setup Cloud Services in Awesome Miner. Before starting, an active subscription for Awesome Miner is required.
Configuration of Cloud Services in Awesome Miner
Cloud Services settings can be accessed using the button in the lower left corner of the Awesome Miner main window.
The Cloud Services configuration page contains the following settings:
- Cloud Services: To use Cloud Services, set to one of the Enabled options. Available options:
- Disabled: Awesome Miner will not use Cloud Services
- Enabled - Notification services only: Awesome Miner will use notification services like SMS and Telegram via the Cloud Services, but no information about the mining will be sent to the cloud. The Cloud Services will not show any mining information.
- Enabled - Monitor mining from cloud (no operations available): Awesome Miner will send information about the mining to the cloud, where it can be accessed via the Cloud Services web interface. No operations can be performed on the miners.
- Enabled - Monitor and manage from cloud (operations available): Awesome Miner will send information about the mining to the cloud, where it can be accessed via the Cloud Services web interface. Operations like restart a miner and change pool will be available.
- Site identifier: If Awesome Miner main application is installed on multiple sites with the same account, a unique Site identifier must be specified for each site. From the Cloud Services web site, the site to display can be selected from the menu.
- Password: The password is defined on the web site for Awesome Miner Cloud Services. The same password must be entered here.
- Enable Remote Agent connections via cloud: Used to connect remote mining sites via Cloud Services. See Connect to miners on a remote location.
- Send heartbeat to Cloud Services: If enabled, Awesome Miner will send a heartbeat to the Cloud Services. Cloud Services will monitor the heartbeat of the Awesome Miner application to provide notifications for network or power failures where Awesome Miner is unable to send notifications. The settings below can be used to specify if E-mail or SMS should be sent in case of a missing heartbeat.
Sites - Multiple instances of Awesome Miner
In general it's not recommended to run multiple instances of Awesome Miner. The purpose of Awesome Miner is to provide centralized management for all mining operations, and if remote sites are used the recommendation is to setup a secure VPN network.
If two Awesome Miner instances are used, both can be configured to push mining statistics to the Cloud Services. Each instance must be configured with a unique Site identifier (see above).
The Cloud Services web interface can show information from one site at a time. See illustration below.